Data Scientist, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
- Five or more years relevant industry experience required.
- Extensive knowledge in statistical methods and data mining.
- Excellent application skills in experimentation methodologies and causal inferences.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R/Python and libraries like pandas, dplyr and ggplot.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL and Hive.
- Experience with Big Data systems and distributed computing, such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain findings in layman terms and influence decision makers.
- Attention to data detail with regards to quality, transformation and potential impact.
You will design, execute and craft tools for online experiments (A/B tests) and offline experiments (human relevance judgement) that help us improve and fine tune our data focused features (Search, Recommendations, etc.). Your primary focus will be on applying statistical methods, developing A/B testing procedures, and automating data pipelines to develop new metrics. In this role you will: Work with engineering teams to improve data collection procedures. Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data. Investigate new sources that can extend and improve our insights. Design experiments that will measure and test for key performance indicators. Model and analyze data using state-of-the-art methods. Generate reports (that can be automated) to present key insights to partners across a variety of teams. Drive end-to-end data applications to address business needs.
Education & Experience
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related discipline. PhD preferred.