RF Hardware Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. The RF Hardware Design Engineer will design, develop, and optimize radio frequency (RF) hardware circuits and systems for wireless communications devices. The engineer will be involved from initial concept study to the mass production phase. Responsibilities include building unique cellular RF front-end architectures, working with vendors to develop custom RF components, working with CAD engineers to do PCB design, designing and optimizing RF circuits to meet industry and internal standards, and providing support to factory personnel during the development of prototype hardware. Some international and domestic travel is required.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with radio hardware design and/or RF component design
- Familiarity with the challenges of development for high-volume manufacturing.
- Hands on experience with RF circuits and hardware on the lab bench.
- Understanding of core technologies that drive state of the art RF performance.
- Fluent in wireless communications standards, wireless technology and communications market trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, proven track record of working in a dynamic cross functional team.
- Well organized and have the ability to be flexible in a changing work environment.
- Preferred Experience: Cellular Handset experience / Experience with RF simulation tools (ADS, HFSS, Matlab) / Experience with Python for test setup automation and data analysis
Architect RF front end designs to realize our wireless product requirements Perform RF system lineup analysis to ensure our system designs meet industry and internal standards Create and maintain specifications for RF components and drive component development with vendors Schematic Capture PCB Design Integration of our cellular radio platforms into our products
Education & Experience
BSEE or equivalent required; MSEE or equivalent preferred