Manufacturing Design Engineer (MDE) Product Displays
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for taking products from concept/brainstorm to mass production. You will manage full life cycle NPI, responsible for selection and implementation of manufacturing processes of fixtures and assemblies in our retail environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluent in English.
- Possess a tenacity and curiosity to solve seemingly impossible problems.
- Past experience developing prototyping processes or manufacturing technology development
- Experience in fixture design, equipment design, or manufacturing/process optimization a plus.
- Expertise in development or quality control of highly cosmetic components highly regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to use and implement statistical and data analysis tools to cull sense from chaos, to make data driven decisions where no one else saw the trend.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and travel (domestic + international) frequently.
- Proven leader, demonstrable on previous projects defining and closing all engineering tasks to meet objectives, detailed oriented to cut to the root of problems, and ability to learn quickly with little information or support.
You'll research new materials, technologies, and suppliers, to identify, predict and mitigate issues early in the development cycle, diving deep to understand roadblocks, process capabilities to enable amazing designs and smooth ramps. You’ll own creation of the entire manufacturing process, from raw material to final assembly, with an innate ability to focus where needed to enable program success. Create processes, tooling, equipment, and quality systems to create product display fixtures that will surprise and delight our retail customers. Interact with Industrial Design, Product Design, and Vendors to enable the most innovative display designs on the market. Coordination of activities between US-based teams and world wide teams/suppliers is a necessity. Develop innovative solutions that enable Apple’s long term Environmental and Product goals, including but not limited to post-consumer recycled materials, fibre based materials, lowering Apple’s environmental impact, and closed-loop manufacturing life cycle. Development and steward prototyping processes to create initial mockups for review with design teams, and then follow through with realization of them during product manufacturing
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Material / Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.