Senior Standardization Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technology and Ecosystems (WTE) organization and be part of an outstanding team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. As a Senior Standardization Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for representing Apple Inc. in global standard bodies and driving Apple’s strategic interest in these organizations. With the great opportunity to build innovations that benefit Apple’s product lines, strengthen Apple service ecosystem, and generate new IPs, the candidate will be working with a fast-paced team in driving Apple’s global standardization activities.
- Direct experience in standards bodies, such as 3GPP, ISO, IETF, GSMA, GlobalPlatform, ETSI, EMVCo, NFC-Forum
- Proven track record of crafting innovations and achieving effective standardization deliverables.
- Deep understanding of industry technical standards (including but not limited to 3GPP 5G/LTE, GlobalPlatform SE/TEE, GSMA eSIM, ETSI Smart Card Platform)
- Knowledge about security protocol principles, best practice in cryptography and PKI management
- Knowledge about product certification, HW/SW security evaluation is a plus
- Strong track record of innovations and bringing new ideas to end products.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Ambitious, obsessively hardworking and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
You will drive the standard progress and direction on specific topics based on internal short-term and long-term product interests and actively participate and supply in working-group level technical discussions and align industrial standard milestones with Apple roadmap. You will also generate standard essential IPs that strengthen Apple’s IP portfolio in strategic areas and collaborate with cross-function teams to bring new technologies and standards into successful product launch. In addition, you will track certification requirements and ensure future Apple SW/HW/Service products are in compliance.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD and 5+ years of communication system engineering and/or security experience.