RF Compliance and Performance Test Engineering Project Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be at the center of the action on a broad range of wireless compliance and performance testing projects enabling Apple's groundbreaking Products. Apple’s Hardware Technology Organization (HW Tech), is seeking an inventive, high-energy Engineering Project Specialist (EPS) to support critical projects enabling innovative wireless technology. As an EPS within the HW Tech organization, you will be responsible for planning, procurement, implementation and ongoing support of systems and facilities necessary for RF compliance and performance testing. These systems include RF test equipment, test chambers, fixtures and enabling robotics. Our environment is dynamic and ever-changing; flexibility is a requirement. The ability to prioritize and react quickly is critical. The EPS will work with teams responsible for industry and regulatory RF certification engineering as well as RF performance characterization and related system engineering work. A successful EPS is a confident organizer who can simplify complex environments, coordinate diverse teams and manage multiple competing priorities. We are looking for an experienced candidate with excellent interpersonal skills—who is detail oriented and able to multi-task and prioritize time-sensitive work. The goal is to provide engineering support for the development, validation and operation of state-of-the-art RF test systems.
- BA/BS degree and 4+ years of industry experience.
- Experience managing, organizing and maintaining multiple projects at a time.
- Detail oriented, ensuring accuracy of all data, status and reports.
- Excellent communication; both written and verbal.
- Adept at working with multiple cross-functional teams including project management, facilities, mechanical, software, electrical and RF.
- Top-notch critical thinking skill set; big picture program understanding and details.
- Ability to react to changes in a time sensitive environment.
- Experience with overseas vendors.
- Ability to stay calm in high pressure situations.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Familiarity with RF test methods and equipment.
• Manage material procurement and coordinate installation and validation testing of RF conformance test systems. • Generate purchase requisitions for new equipment and follow-up with vendors • Host and attend various meetings from a material planning perspective. • Communicate delivery schedules and manage vendors. • Track material as it flows from suppliers through to the engineering teams. • Ensure the smooth flow of material necessary to meet the validation requirements and schedules. • Drive GSM and vendors to deliver the requested material in a timely manner. • Handle and rebound from critical issues that might stem from Engineering change, material shortage or schedule slip. • Report on material progress and investigate material blocker issues. • Anticipate potential issues that may arise and communicate to relevant teams to jump-start mitigation path.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in a technical discipline.