Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 5+ plus years software engineering experience & responsibilities.
- Designing, implementing and supporting applications performing big data analytics on massive datasets.
- Multithreaded and event-driven programming.
- Common web services protocols (HTTP, SSL, REST).
- Hadoop Eco System (hadoop, pig, hive, cascading, crunch, scrunch, spark).
- Ability to thrive in a multi-functional team on high profile critical projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Ability to design, develop and deploy large scale applications.
- Be able to drive a project from a simple idea to an implementation.
- a leader who possesses both strong programming skills and a creative, user-focused mindset.
- Preferred Experience:
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Advanced Algorithms (statistic inference, machine learning).
The iCloud team is looking for a deeply capable data science software engineer with a real passion for large scale, big data, internet applications that can keep up with the demands of 100M+ users. You have proven experience in building high-performing systems that are scalable and extensible. This is a terrific opportunity for a software engineer passionate about being part of a team effort developing the next generation of cloud support for iOS and OS X.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.