Senior Wireless Standards Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As a Senior Wireless Standard Architect, you are responsible for innovative design of next generation wireless technology! You will be representing Apple in wireless communication standard bodies and driving the companies strategic interest in those organizations. With this phenomenal opportunity create innovation and generate new IPs that benefit our product lines. You will be working with various dynamic teams internally and externally in driving our global standardization activities.
- Extensive experience with MAC layer and cross layer design
- Experience with internet protocol suite: UDP/TCP, IPv4/IPv6, 6LoWPAN, and Thread
- Strong knowledge of IEEE 802.11n/ac/ax and protocols and applications essential, including high-level architecture
- Solid track record of innovations and bringing new ideas to end products.
- Experience as an active contributor in standard organizations
- Experience in managing certification program: test plan and test tool development
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams
- Self-motivated, obsessively passionate and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
Our team is focused on developing wireless system solutions and its standardization initiative. You’ll be actively working with various internal teams by keeping them apprised of standards development and direction, while supporting development teams with defining features, architecture and design. You are expected to actively propose, support and champion innovative solutions, both internally and externally. Confident in presenting and defending principles to internal teams, and standards and connectivity communities.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree or PhD’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science with 7+ years of relevant experience.