Sr. Software Engineer - iCloud Products Services - Apple Park
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are a small team with a big footprint. If you have you ever used any iCloud service on a device or web, you surely know us. We are iCloud Account Services. We cater to billions of users across billions of devices keeping their interactions with iCloud fast and safe. We utilize creative problem solving to handle millions of requests per second, with extremely low latencies. We are constantly expanding and improving our systems to be highly available and scalable to meet our goal of offering the best iCloud experience to all our users, across all their devices, all the time. Does this sort of job excite you? Do you love building applications that operate at this level of scale and complexity ? Come join us in the iCloud Accounts team. The work is critical, complex, challenging and highly rewarding !!
- - You have 2+ years of experience developing server software in Java or C++
- - You have experience developing code for large distributed systems and running them in production.
- - You have a deep understanding of realtime and multi-thread programming concepts,
- - You have some experience with large scale databases, structured or NoSQL
- - You have experience working with different teams and have good communication skills.
- - A good understanding of cache coherence and caching strategies is a plus.
- - Experience with asynchronous I/O at enterprise scale is a plus.
- - Experience building or maintaining high throughput low latency systems is a plus.
- - You are driven, motivated and you take pride and responsibility for the products you build.
You will work and contribute towards the engineering the server stack for iCloud Accounts and help us grow this platform to cater to future needs. You will work with multiple teams and help design complex system architectures and implement high performance code. You will help maintain the application, and devise scalability strategies to support billions of concurrent users. The opportunities for you to make an impact are boundless. If you are a person that believes your success is measured by the quality, size and timeliness of the work you do and are passionate about impact your work has on the experience of our customers, you will enjoy working with us. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
BS or MS or Phd in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience