Partnership Manager, Health & Fitness
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a dynamic, focused, nimble, and highly motivated individual. If this sounds like you, come join the Worldwide Developer Relations, Partnership Management team! We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to join our dynamic team. This individual will be responsible for cultivating Apple’s relationships with developers in the Health & Fitness category. Responsibilities include inspiring iOS, watchOS, iPadOS, tvOS, and macOS technology adoption, and fostering the delivery of world-class third-party experiences across these platforms. This position requires excellent relationship and account management skills, aggressiveness, persuasiveness, and the ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization. You are proactive and have a track record of showing initiative in partnering activities and product development. You are a teammate, capable of interfacing across a broad spectrum of teams. The successful candidate will be results driven and possess a keen attention to detail, remarkable follow-through, creative thinking, and an ability to focus on strategic agendas while keeping day-to-day job activities current.
- Knowledge of mobile application development processes, developer support programs, and product development. A demonstrable passion for Apple platforms preferred.
- Strong familiarity with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines (HIG), and a solid understanding of good product design and what makes a great app.
- Deep knowledge of Health & Fitness industry trends and emergent technologies. Also possess the ability to quickly ramp up knowledge on newer verticals as required for strategic projects or on an as-needed basis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, combined with a mature, diplomatic approach in all communications.
- Effective presentation skills in a variety of presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large group across all constituencies; C-Level through engineer/developer.
- Mobile hardware or software relationship management experience.
- 5+ years of experience in managing partner relationships, product management, or similar experience desired.
A successful candidate will: - Act as the primary point of contact between Apple Worldwide Developer Relations and key 3rd-party developers in a multifaceted role including: product manager, business manager, and technical liaison. Develop and manage executive and operational-level relationships in 3rd-party developer organizations. - Maintain a deep understanding of partner products, including development pipelines, market dynamics, and business strategy, to effectively deliver solutions that improve Apple’s platforms. - Work with cross-functional teams to identify, develop, and deliver world-class strategic 3rd-party products to Apple’s iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and macOS platforms. Work both independently and in close collaboration with Apple Technology Evangelism, Product Marketing, Engineering, Fitness Technologies, App Store, App Review, and senior management. - Cultivate internal and external relationships to effectively deliver Apple's essential messaging to developers, while simultaneously championing developer needs and issues within Apple to build an even better environment for building truly great products. - Promote the adoption of Apple’s platform differentiating features and development tools to 3rd-party developers. - Attend industry conferences to stay current on trends and capitalize on outreach opportunities. Discover new developer talent; develop new strategic relationships. - Develop and give ideas based on original, novel, and sometimes unconventional approaches to encourage developers to deliver outstanding products for Apple’s ecosystem.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree, MS/MA/MBA or equivalent preferred
- Position based in Santa Clara Valley, California