Senior Software QA Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Music team is looking for a Senior QA Engineer to work as part of our expanding quality assurance group. This role will be focused on qualifying back end services and applications. In this role you will be responsible for defining a qualification strategy and creating test plans for new and existing functional areas. This will include building and executing manual and automated test suites.
- Experience in services and protocol testing, working with HTTP/JSON/REST APIs.
- Experience leading the qualification of cross-platform applications and services.
- Experience in qualifying cloud-based client/server technologies.
- Experience using network monitoring and analytics tools; CharlesProxy, WireShark, and/or Splunk.
- Experience in API testing of media or data services preferred.
- Thorough understanding of SQA methodologies and practices.
- Experience with automation and scripting tools and techniques.
- Experience solving complex problems and triaging/reporting issues.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and a proven ability to deliver on objectives with little direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Music and/or audio applications and services experience is preferred.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams to organize testing responsibilities.
You will be joining a team dedicated to creating best in class applications, services and tools that run across a variety of platforms. As a software QA Engineer, you will work closely with software development engineers, project management, as well as business and content teams to understand feature designs, technical implementation details and business requirements. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, dynamic and detail oriented individual with a strong technical background and excellent problem solving skills. The candidate must be able to work independently and collaborate as needed with supporting teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience