Systems Engineer - Camera Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- You have a proven track record in shipping products with innovative camera technologies
- Strong EE background for camera integration into systems
- You have a deep understanding of image sensor design trade-offs, manufacturing complexities, and characterization methodologies
- You understand image quality and module performance trade-offs for human vision vs computer vision algorithms
- Understanding of camera processing pipeline
- You are able to learn quickly and become familiar with novel camera and sensing solutions (2D, 3D imaging, computational imaging)
- Strong verbal communication skills across organizations and at the executive level
- Excellent written skills for clear reporting of data analysis and conclusions
We are seeking a highly motivated, Systems Engineer to define and integrate key enabling camera technologies into our products. You must have an excellent understanding of traditional and novel camera technologies, from the module, hardware/ISP, and applications to computer vision algorithms. With this knowledge you are able to apply it to analyzing requirements tradeoffs impacting system performance and product experience. This cross-functional role requires excellent interpersonal skills, working with camera module, architecture, system EE, and product development teams and communicating across teams and to leadership.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in relevant field (EE, ME, Optics, Physics) 5+ years work experience