Program Manager, China Regional Excellence Programs
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is a very popular mapping application shipped with every iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. We offer an incredible, connected experience across the Apple ecosystem – iOS, macOS, Apple Watch, tvOS, CarPlay – and are delivering the future of maps to hundreds of millions of customers across the globe. The Regional Excellence Programs team builds the features our customers interact with globally. If you’ve ever searched for a restaurant in China, explored a transit route in Japan, received driving directions or visited any city in the world through the International map, you’ve seen our work. We’re looking for an extraordinary Senior Program Manager to join our China Regional Excellence team. Imagine what you could do here.
- 8+ years of Program Management experience with consumer-facing products.
- Hands-on experience building and delivering software.
- Hands-on experience building and delivering Web and Internet services.
- Must be fluent in English and Chinese (written and spoken).
- Naturally curious; fast learner.
- Clear track record of project delivery: high quality, and on time.
- Experience working in a dynamic, execution-driven environment.
- Extraordinary leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience working with external vendors a plus.
- Strong technical proficiency. Bonus points for past programming experience.
- Mapping or GIS, Search, or Navigation background.
- International product development experience.
- Management experience a plus.
The Regional Excellence Programs team builds phenomenal customer experiences for the global market. We’re in the“surprise and delight” business. And we get to work with remarkably hardworking people across Apple, all over the world. Program Managers at Maps deliver the right feature at the right time. It’s a hands-on, cross-functional, highly-engaged job. A good PM is the beating heart of their team. For this role, we’re looking for an experienced Program Manager: You will be someone who is an old hand at “the PM thing.” You will handle our trickiest, hardest projects. You will be responsible for a large portfolio of work as an advocate for our users in China. You will wrangle huge amounts of detail and ensure that the right decisions are being made by the right people, all the time. You will keep your eyes on the vision and your hands in the details. You'll get stuff built by incorporating requirements for the China market while carefully balancing common design principles and country-specific customer needs. You will partner with engineers, designers and EPMs on the Maps team & external partners to deliver great mapping experiences in China. You will continue to learn the global market while building deep understanding of consumer needs in China. You’ll plan, prioritize, coordinate, drive, and ship.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) - MBA a plus