Program Manager, Experience Programs, Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is the most popular mapping application on iOS. We offer an incredible, connected experience across the Apple ecosystem – iOS, macOS, Apple Watch, tvOS, CarPlay – and are delivering the future of maps to hundreds of millions of customers. Program Managers at Maps deliver the right feature at the right time. Itʼs a hands-on, cross-functional, highly-engaged job. No tourists. A good PM is the beating heart of their team. The Experience Programs team builds the features our customers interact with. If you've ever explored a city using Look Around, requested driving directions to a park or museum, or searched for a restaurant on your Apple Watch … you’ve seen our work. As part of Experiences, the Platform team builds the foundations that our customers and developer community rely on. Want to explore a city with FlyOver? Build an innovative iOS app using MapKit? Add Maps to your site using MapKit JS? That's what we do. Weʼre looking for an extraordinary Program Manager to join our team. For this role, weʼre looking for an expert Program Manager. Someone whoʼs experienced at “the PM thing". Someone to handle our trickiest, hardest projects. To be responsible for a large portfolio of work. To wrangle huge amounts of detail. And to ensure that the right decisions are being made by the right people, all the time. In this role, you will keep your eyes on the vision and your hands in the details. You'll get stuff built. Youʼll plan. Prioritize. Coordinate. Drive. And ship.
- 8+ years of Program Management experience with consumer-facing products.
- Hands-on experience building and delivering client software.
- Hands-on experience building and delivering Web and Internet services.
- Clear track record of project delivery: high quality, and on time.
- Experience working in a dynamic, execution-driven environment.
- Extraordinary leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Technical background a plus.
- Software development experience a plus.
- Experience working with external software developers a plus.
- Mapping or GIS background a serious plus.
- People-management experience a serious plus.
The Experience Programs team builds great customer experiences. Weʼre in the “surprise and delight” business. And we get to work with remarkably hardworking people across Apple. As a Program Manager on our team, you will be responsible for a broad portfolio of work. Specifically, you will: - Deliver the right set of features for our customers, on time and with high quality. - Drive all aspects of the software development process: define requirements, scope work, develop a plan, generate a schedule, lead a team, execute, and ship. - Work cross-functionally across Maps and Apple to utilize the considerable skills and intelligence of our people. - Make critical decisions and trade-offs to ensure your projects are successful. - Resolve conflicts, troubleshoot, and unblock issues. - Communicate with every level of our organization, from individual contributors to executives. - Demonstrate high integrity and strong values, every single day.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) - MBA a plus