Display Exploration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do something different! Apple is looking for an extraordinary engineer who can help identify, incubate, and deliver new display technologies. You will work with internal teams at Apple and external suppliers to craft the display related technologies that go into Apple products. You will not only need to be comfortable with new technology but also be able to educate a broad audience of people at Apple about their benefits and tradeoffs. This position is focusing on the identification, evaluation, and prototyping of display technologies for future Apple products. The team features a diverse engineering roster including display engineers, optical engineers, human perception specialists, and product design engineers. A successful candidate needs to be a flexible problem solver and be able to problem tackle outside of their respective technical areas. Join us! It's going to be awesome!
- Engineering background in displays, EE, or optics
- Prior experience in prototyping/developing new display technologies
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Identify new display technologies and perform detail tradeoff studies Propose innovative display technology performance optimizations Develop numerical models and prototypes to demonstrated proposed solutions Optimally communicate the advantages, disadvantages and risks to the broader team Work with multi-functional teams to adopt proposed solutions Shepherd the technology into both external supplier and internal product roadmaps
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in EE, Optical Science, Physics or equivalent with 2+ years of experience in related field.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in consumer electronics
- Experience leading domestic and international vendors
- Experience in display pipeline definition, display characterization and human perception
- Experience in micro-display technologies