Mobile Automation SDET - Maps Frameworks
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Maps Client Framework QA is looking for an Automation QA Engineer who will be excited about building automation framework and automated tests. As part of Core Frameworks Team, you will be testing libraries and APIs which support Apple's Maps on iOS, macOS, and Apple Watch. With hundreds of millions of devices in our user’s hands, you will enable new experiences for millions of delighted users around the world.
- Knowledge of Unix and Unix shell scripting.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive about understanding software subsystem interaction of an application.
- Experience in Xcode and instruments would be a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies & bring that passion to the organization.
- Excellent communication skills – you'll be working cross-functionally across multiple teams and supporting in debugging issues.
- Source control and build tools experience with GIT, Jenkins.
As part of Apple’s Maps Framework QA team, you will help us to extend the automation coverage in order to test our Maps App Framework. We support many different features including Navigation, Search, and Predictions, so on our team, you will support many new and exciting technologies! On our team, your responsibilities will include enhancing the automation framework and automated solutions for various use-cases as well as investigate any automation regression and failures. You will use your solid grasp of scripting languages and object oriented programming when building these solutions. You will be writing bugs for all issues you encounter and communicate those with the lead Test Engineer and Development counterparts. You should possess the ability to quickly grasp & distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions, delivering clearly documented test plans. As our team member, you should also be an effective advocate with strong communication & organizational skills. To succeed here, you'll need above all to be passionate about shipping a map experience that is the best of its kind.
Education & Experience
MS or BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience is required. Additional 2 or more years of experience would be preferred. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.