Cellular InterOperability Systems Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems organization and drive innovation that matters. As part of the Wireless team you we will be working on building solutions for Wireless technologies. We are looking for a reciprocal individual who can get results and innovation in a high-paced environment. Someone who can extract extraordinary value from a task otherwise seen as seen routine to others. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. You should join the Apple Wireless Performance Team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- 4 plus years of experience as an Interoperability Development and Test or Systems Engineer
- Deep knowledge in cellular protocol stack, including but not limited to, PHY/MAC/RLC/RRC/NAS procedures as well as end to end system knowledge (5G NR, LTE, WCDMA)
- Past work experience in projects involving infrastructure vendors and/or chipset/OEM
- Experience of hands-on experience testing wireless technologies (5G-NR (NSA and SA), LTE, UMTS, WiFi-calling, IMS etc.)
- Hands-on experience working with cellular infrastructure vendors on algorithm development and feature enhancements
- Excellent log analysis, troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Scripting skills in Perl, Python, Shell is a plus
- Proven track record of project work from concept to commercialization
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while deftly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
WTE IODT team is looking for an individual with immense IODT experience focussed on advanced LTE systems including but not limited to MIMO, LAA, Carrier Aggregation and beam forming. Experience and/or understanding of the 5G modem systems/mmWave technology is required. Your focus will be testing Cellular functionality in Apple’s innovative devices uncovering bugs in lab environment before hitting field. We expect you to be relying upon diagnostics, analytics, lab/field experimentations to exploit the opportunities for improvement and work cross functionally with standardization, firmware/protocol development, Performance, QA and Carrier engineering teams to drive the improvement proposals into production. You will be required to develop test automation and debugging capabilities on an as needed basis.
Education & Experience
Bachelors of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.