Database Software Engineer - iCloud FoundationDB Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, scale is huge and impact is enormous! Join our team and you could contribute to our growing mission that is powering storage behind many of our most popular properties. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what we can do! If you have a real passion for distributed systems and are ready to work with a focused and fun team that brings Foundation-DB technologies to Apple’s infrastructure, we'd like to hear from you.
- Strong command of C++ and object-oriented design principles
- Multithreaded or event-driven programming experience
- A successful track-record or proven aptitude as a software developer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Ability to design, develop and deploy large scale applications
- Be able to drive a project from a simple idea to an implementation
- A contagious curiosity about distributed systems and how to make them better
- Ability to thrive in a multi-functional team on high profile, critical projects
Consider joining FoundationDB and help craft software which forms the foundation for some of our most exciting Cloud Services products. We are searching for a capable engineer who has an interest in database and scaleable systems development. In this highly visible position, you will collaborate with multi-functional engineering teams to define and implement some of the core backend platform frameworks and systems that will power next generation Apple web services. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. We're looking for creative and passionate people to help us bring our visions to fruition.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience developing databases and distributed systems is highly desirable, but not required.