Backend Services Software Engineer - 3D Content
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Software and Services
Apple revolutionizes how people interact with technology. We take great ideas, apply hard work and total dedication to the customer experience, and produce great products and services that our customers can't live without. Our commitment to excellence and our creativity enable our customers to do amazing things. We build technology that inspires people. What inspires you? Creating something new and finding solutions for complex problems? Delighting millions of people across the planet and working with world-class innovators? All of the above? Then we want to talk to you about this job opportunity. Apple's Technology Development Group works with advanced technologies, including the augmented reality (AR) platform ARKit and Metal 2, to create ground-breaking new products. We are looking for a back-end services engineer to work with our team of high-performing and risk-taking innovators to create services that are out of this world.
- 3+ years working on highly available, high-volume, low latency services at scale
- Proven track record of shipping services in production environments for consumer facing products
- Real passion for Apple's mission and products
You will work in a team of engineers to add new backend capabilities, working with existing Apple service backends such as iCloud. You will create and deploy backend services focused on 3D content. Looking for something new to work on that will challenge you and connect you with some of the best backend engineers at Apple? Are you curious and love learning new things, while working with the best creative people in the industry to solve hard technical problems? As a self-starter that prefers to work with a great team, you may be the engineer we are looking for. Especially if you like to have fun with the people you work with!
Education & Experience
BSCS or comparable degree and/or relevant experience
- - Game development, or interactive media development experience is nice to have
- - 5+ years experience designing and implementing modular, composable services, using state-of-the-art technology stacks
- - 3+ years working with 3D content, graphics, or online gaming
- - Experience working with diverse technology stacks is a plus: Golang, Python, C++, etc
- - MacOS/iOS/Objective-C/Swift programming experience is a huge plus
- - Front-end web or mobile app development experience is a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.