Wireless QA Engineer- GNSS/UWB/WiFi/BT
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Sensing and Connectivity team to work on ground breaking Location Technologies that power critical experiences on Apple products. We build highly innovative and deeply impactful location features such as Maps, Proximity Sensing, Indoor Location and iBeacon - among many more. We are looking for individuals to join the team that shipped U1 (UWB) chipset. We are just getting started and have lots of exciting new features ahead of us built on this technology. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire our customers. Are you highly technical, a strong communicator, collaborative, and have a knack for creating comprehensive test & validation scenarios? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- You have a strong knowledge of scripting languages; e.g. Python,
- Perl, shell scripting
- You have experience testing wireless systems, products and wireless
- software stack
- Good understanding of various Wireless Technologies is preferred;
- e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth, UWB, etc.
- You have a good understanding of QA methodologies and processes
- and have experience defining test plans and detailed use case test
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our
- You are obsessively passionate and inquisitive, who seeks to pursue
- everyday problems in innovative ways.
- You have the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and can
- clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects
- across many teams
The Location Software QA team undertakes special projects for the Sensing and Connectivity groups at Apple. These projects have ranged from developing data crowdsourcing systems to prototyping apps & features for future OS releases. We are looking for an engineer with deep understanding of wireless technologies and the possibilities such technologies hold for improved positioning. You will work closely with developers and other cross functional stake holders to understand the features and use data-driven test results to influence and craft the end product. You will use your programming skills to automate test processes, data analysis, and reporting.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.