Senior Audience Development Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create and market the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love leading a team that creates complicated queries to drive consumer engagement? Are you comfortable working with relational databases? Apple is looking for an experienced Senior Audience Development Manager who is comfortable leading small and scrappy teams to advance our customers communications. This individual is an expert at reviewing and developing SQL queries for the purposes of customer segmentation, developing targeting cohorts, and lifecycle marketing. The ideal candidate knows how to motivate a team and brings a wealth of knowledge and standard methodologies in developing queries for multiple lines of business, including Apple TV+, Apple Music, Apple Arcade, and many others within Software and Services. This role requires a highly motivated self starter and leader who is driven, curious, detail oriented, and passionate about growing Apple Services.
- 4+ years of people management
- 7+ yrs SQL experience, Python experience a plus
- 5 years experience working with relational databases (Teradata and Vertica)
- 5 years marketing analytics experience (preferably SaaS model)
- Advanced SQL programming experience (Minimum 5 years, 7 preferred) for querying purposes of audience development and/or customer segmentation
- Experience with Spark SQL and Hadoop environments
- Capable of working with large sets of data in a variety of tools including internal app behavioral data, and industry standard tools
- Experience with JIRA or other bug tracking systems
- Experience with BI visualization tools such as Tableau and/or Microstrategy
- Great teammate, strong communication skills, go-getter
- Comfortable building and leading smaller teams
- You are driven, disciplined, methodical, and enjoy solving problems.
- A fan and user of Apple Services (Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple Books, Podcasts, etc).
- Execute analysis projects related to data validation, understanding customer behavioral trends, building targeting and segmentation strategies, along with cohort analysis - Run ad-hoc and scheduled customer lists for analysis in developing strategies for subscriber growth - Work closely with Engineering, Analytics, and Marketing teams to understand the business requirements to create the correct query - Approach various challenges with different approaches within complex environments - Manage and develop/track against monthly targets - You have excellent interpersonal skills and are willing to put in extra hours to ensure projects are successfully completed
Education & Experience