Site Reliability Engineer ( SRE )
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Platform Services SRE team’s looking for an individual who has intellectual curiosity, breadth of technical expertise & depth needed for problem solving. The team fosters self-direction and an open environment for exchange of creative ideas with support and mentorship required to learn and grow. This role would be a great fit for someone with operations mindset and ability to solve complex issues by creative and innovative solutions. It’s not only identifying problems, but also develop and implement solutions that operate at scale which directly improve the reliability of Maps Platform & Services.
- On-premises large scale Elasticsearch deployment, production support, SME is must
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong Linux system administration and networking knowledge.
- Experience in at least two of the programming/scripting languages: Python, Java, JS framework.
- Experience in Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper, Redis is a plus
- Experience in at least one of the following: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Expertise in the following: Kubernetes, Docker, AWS.
- Knowledge in networking protocols & technologies including BGP, MPLS, L3VPN, TCP/IP, UDP, and SSL/TLS is highly desirable.
Troubleshooting and problem-solving complex issues with thorough root cause analysis. Engage in cross functional team discussions on design, deployment, operation and maintenance. Ability to design, analyze and troubleshoot\ large-scale distributed systems. Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly. Building automation scripts to validate the stability, scalability and reliability of Maps products & services. Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks. Presenting and publishing technical collateral in the form of white-papers, blogs and best practice guides. Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here...
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.