Senior Data & Software Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, our Data Analytics team focuses on improving the user experience by improving operating system stability, gathering feature usage telemetry, and evaluating device performance. This requires capturing data from customers who have given consent, utilizes strong privacy preserving techniques, and entails aggregating information, all to help inform direction. We develop and operate a variety of Big Data products and applications in support of these goals.
- 5+ years of quality engineering experience in distributed systems development
- Extensive experiencing designing, documenting and developing comprehensive test plans
- Strong test automation development skills, tools and framework knowledge (Load Runner, JMeter, TestNG, Ant, junit, Nunit)
- Experience in developing the automation of test result measurement and reporting.
- Experience with Big Data processing frameworks such as MapReduce, Spark, Yarn, HDFS, S3, Kafka
- Working knowledge of one or more higher level development languages (Java, Python, Scala, Swift, C++)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex engineering design and plans in written form.
We are looking for Data and Software Quality Engineer to be a member of our team. If working on large scale problems excites you then we’re excited to talk to you! Our team helps Apple engineers answer mission critical questions about their hardware, firmware, and software. We work with engineers across Apple to help keep our suite of analytics applications available and to ensure the integrity of their data. You will be responsible for end to end data quality, systems performance, software quality and reliability, and software development lifecycle quality integration. You’ll bring an analytical engineering mindset to problems of data and software quality encountered while developing and running big data software at the petabyte scale!
Education & Experience
M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- - Build, monitor, fix complex test infrastructure designed for data at the petabyte scale
- - Support the continuous development and deployment of multi service analytics applications