Client & Data Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products Analytics QA team is responsible for the Quality and integrity of the data collected and reported on customer experience data. Responsibilities include: writing test descriptions, performing functional and regression tests, writing test case automation while working closely with other teams. We are seeking iOS/Mobile-Data Test Engineers to contribute to the product level validation as well as the backend validation on the latest iOS, tvOS, watchOS, iTunes supported platforms .
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle. Willingness to work cross-functionally.
- Results-oriented, persistent, and meticulous.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka or other distributed systems is a plus.
- Experience in developing and verifying Spark/Map Reduce jobs is a plus.
- Familiarity with Objective-C or Swift is a plus.
- Knowledge in SQL, CSS, HTML, JSON a plus.
Day to day work involves bug reporting and isolation, test plan documentation, writing test case automation and working closely with other teams (engineering, project management, etc.). This position demands a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment. Possess exceptional analytical skills in test case design and bug diagnosis. Be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis. Demonstrate excellent bug reporting skills and the ability to communicate clearly with third parties. Candidate should possess the ability and/or interest to implement automated tests.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience