Embedded Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the "Wireless Technology and Eco-system (WTE)” organization and be part of an elite team of engineers. We are seeking a talented, highly motivated and hardworking individual to help our iOS Telephony Platform team build embedded software features that ship with all of Apple’s cellular devices (iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch). If you were born to code, love to debug, and have a phenomenal understanding of embedded systems or operating systems, we’d love to talk to you. You will join a hands-on development team that nurtures creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection.
- Write quality code for embedded systems.
- Proven experience and strong knowledge of C and C++
- Familiarity with inter-processor communication such as UART/USB/SPI/PCIe is preferred.
- Excellent debugging skills in a variety of environments including those close to hardware.
- Security concepts and mechanisms to securely transfer data is preferred.
- Comfortable under tight schedules and capable of delivering on time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a MUST.
- Passionate about technology and excited to make a difference in the world
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Passionate and inquisitive, seek to tackle problems in innovative ways.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, some of your daily duties would include: Bringing up cellular chipsets for new platforms, Cross-functional debug across other software and hardware teams, Develop and improve Telephony software for Apple's platforms, Maintaining the expected quality standard on shipping products. Interacting with SW/HW design teams, network equipment vendors, factory, operations, and internal QA teams to analyze and tackle technical issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience