Data Scientist - Digital Media, Apple TV+
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is in search of an experienced data scientist with digital media experience to join the Apple Services Digital Marketing team in Culver City, California to help improve our marketing strategies for Apple TV+. As the Data Scientist - Digital Media, Apple TV+ you will develop compelling and actionable insights through quantitative analysis, innovative thinking, and storytelling with data. You are interested in the future of Video and Streaming services. You want to work on determining what Streaming Video content launch benchmarks are, help find strategies hit them through marketing, and all the while help to optimize evergreen marketing initiatives. You will work closely with the analytics, media activation, and campaign strategy teams to identify reporting needs, automate recurrent requests, interpret data trends, and propose changes to improve the quality and granularity of the information that is processed. You will provide ongoing measurement guidance to better communicate concise data insights, trends and measurement strategies to broad internal audiences from technical experts to traditional brand managers and internal stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in a data analyst or data scientist role, with emphasis on digital paid media metrics
- Thorough understanding of digital media metrics, both from a brand and direct response perspective - digital subscription business experience is a plus
- Ability to deliver projects in SQL, Python, or R
- Deep understanding of data preparation
- Deep understanding of using relational and columnar databases to organize and present data
- Ability to design simple ETL for insight presentation
- Ability to create and execute testing plans to ensure data quality
- Strong working knowledge of digital advertising: executional workflow, measurement, research, optimization and testing methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and keen ability to synthesize complex data points for audiences of varied digital media expertise
- Proficiency in excel, keynote, and data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau)
You will be responsible for creating and delivering custom reporting for campaigns running through the internal media activation team, surfacing actionable insights to help inform optimization. You will also work closely with the analytics team and campaign strategy teams to ensure that all information shared in automated reporting visulization dashboards is accurate. In concert with the media activation team, you will help develop media testing and optimization plans, making measurement recommendations that correlate to campaign objectives. Beyond these ongoing responsibilities, you will also perform adhoc data analysis and maintain benchmarking media points across digital media channels.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree - ideally in an analytical field such as Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Finance, Applied Sciences, etc.