System/Network Simulation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Being a part of our multifaceted group, you will have the rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. The System/Network Simulation Engineer will provide reference simulations and conduct studies using the simulation platform. S/he will be responsible for modeling the network protocols and the effects of the wireless channel and RF interactions. Come join us and be a key member of our Wireless Architecture team.
- Expert wireless systems engineer
- Proven deep understanding of wireless protocol interactions within the network and interactions across different layers of wireless protocols (i.e., such as WiFi or BT) and interactions of different technologies within the same device
- Skilled in Software languages: C++/C, Python
- Knowledge of wireless system and protocols such as LTE/WiFi/Bluetooth and networking protocols like TCP/IP
- Familiarity with version control tools
- Knowledge of event driven simulators is nice to have
Build a state of the art network simulator for wireless networks, including cellular 4G/5G, WiFi 802.11ac/ax, Bluetooth and other emerging technologies. Model PHY/RF and protocol coexistence of different wireless technologies. Model the protocol layer interactions of various deployment scenarios. Evaluate device and network performance of different coexistence algorithms and configurations. Develop and optimize systems algorithms for wireless performance and coexistence.
Education & Experience
BS degree is required. MS/PhD in Electrical Engineer/Computer Science is preferred