Cellular Platform Software Engineer-Boot/Bootloader Software
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norms here. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Wireless Technologies team is looking for a highly motivated and strong technical lead to work on our next-generation products. The duties of this position will lead a team to design, develop, debug baseband platform boot and security software/framework, and work with cross-functional teams to deliver the features into next-generation products.
- 5+ years of SW development and system integration experience
- 5+ years of experience in Embedded Software development and debug
- Experience in Device Driver or Board Support Package(BSP) knowledge and development
- Extensive experience in development of Hardware Dependent Software(HDS)
- Experience with embedded system ROM / boot loader software development and debug
- Experience in defining and architecting Software BIOS/Boot flows
- Extensive development experience, with strong assembly/C/C++ coding skill
- Experience using Hardware development platforms(Boards) for testing and debugging(JTAG)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
As part of the team, you will manage a team for boot ROM/boot loader design and development and work with cross-functional teams throughout the produce development cycle! This includes collecting Boot flow requirements to design, development, testing, debugging and enabling bootloader flows both in Pre-Si and Post-Si environment. In addition, you will collaborate with HW & SW teams across Apple to define and bring together the boot flow requirements and solutions for cellular products. You will also perform design reviews with other Apple wireless teams. **This position can be located in either Cupertino, CA or San Diego, CA.
Education & Experience
Bachelor, Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent