Sr. Manager, Education Curriculum
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's WW Education Marketing team is seeking an experienced manager to lead our curriculum team. The curriculum team is made up of creative and passionate educators and instructional designers who develop and build curriculum and teacher resources for use in schools and institutions all around the world. The team’s curriculum and teacher resources support Apple Teacher, Everyone Can Code, Develop in Swift, and Everyone Can Create programs. All our curriculum is designed to build engaging teaching and learning experiences with iPad and Mac in K12 schools and higher education institutions worldwide. The ideal candidate should be passionate about developing impactful learning experiences and identifying new approaches to teaching that are simple, elegant, and made better with Apple technology. All designed and delivered with an eye to improving student engagement and outcomes. Our team is made up of musicians, photographers, film-makers, developers and teachers so the ideal candidate needs to bring a unique mix of creativity, inspiration and education experience. A strong background in building and delivering technology-based instructional materials, curriculum, or professional learning programs for educators and education institutions is required. The Sr. Manager for Education Curriculum will lead the curriculum strategy including evolving the format, creative direction and approach to program content. Being a great communicator and collaborator is critical. You’ll work closely with subject matter specialists, product marketing, education marketing, developer relations and sales to bring great curriculum to teachers and institutions around the world.
- Strong management of creative and passionate individuals and agencies
- 10+ years of education or curriculum digital product development for K12 or higher education
- Great writing, editing, and design skills
- Experience developing interactive learning experiences for educators and education institutions
- Experience building and running complex projects and motivating cross-functional partners, including building consensus across teams
- Excellent organizational, time and budget management, communication and inter-personal skills
- Highly motivated individual with strong attention to details and has extremely high quality standards.
- Ability to prioritize and lead multiple projects, meet aggressive deadlines, and have strong decision-making abilities.
- Manage a team of passionate and creative individuals - Develop overall strategy and structure for Apple’s Education Curriculum projects - Track and prioritize key team achievements, deliverables and budgets - Manage production of digital content packages ensuring they come in on budget and on time - Work with cross-functional teams on localization schedules and management - Track feedback and explore new ways to build curriculum that supports Apple’s products in schools and classrooms - Co-design professional learning offerings to support curriculum
Education & Experience
MA degree or higher in Education or relevant equivalent