Xcode Engineer - Cloud Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Developers working on Apple Products rely on Xcode every day for productivity and integration with the Apple ecosystem. For a great developer experience, we are always enhancing and improving integrations through Xcode. We are seeking a developer to work on extensions, toolchains, and frameworks for Xcode.
- Can demonstrate and articulate how to write clean, testable, and maintainable code.
- Comfortable collaborating with a positive attitude in a diverse environment with multiple teams.
- Has critical opinions about the way software is engineered, and deeply understands object-oriented design.
- Desires to find simpler solutions to existing complex problems and workflows.
- Ability to work closely with UI designers and implement phenomenal looking designs.
- Experience writing concurrent and asynchronous code.
- Swift and/or Objective-C development experience preferred, but not required.
- As Developer Experience engineer, your primary development environment will be the Xcode IDE.
- You will:
- Spend a majority of your time programming in Swift and some Objective-C.
- Collaborate through design meetings, git pull requests, in-person conversations, and Slack.
- Prioritize and schedule issues, estimate scope of work, and investigate new issue reports.
- Make customer-focused product design decisions with your teammates.
- Provide technical guidance, software architectural review, and mentorship.
- Have access to the engineers who create Apple's full technology, tools, and operating systems stack.
You’ll join a small and focused team, but also partner with the larger developer tools organization colocated with us. We’re looking for a developer who enjoys building foundations for other developers. The Developer Experience team collaborates with tools engineers across Apple, works to understand their needs, and builds shared frameworks for them to use. We provide consultation and code for those making user interfaces, code generators, cloud services, and all the pieces in between. This position requires a highly creative individual who can critically listen to the diverse visions and concerns of multiple teams, synthesize and iterate on common solutions, and collaborate with teams to adopt them. Implementing this common infrastructure not only affects design decisions on developer-facing tools, but also future products across the Apple ecosystem. Here you’ll find that we: Strongly value the security and privacy of our users. Provide a peaceful work environment where you can choose to socialize or close your office door and focus. Reliably ship our work on a predictable schedule and don’t have redundant projects or competing teams. Value integrity and respect for others, and take the safety and comfort of our employees seriously. Offer excellent benefits, and encourage using accrued vacation time to maintain a healthy work-life balance. This role is on-site in Cupertino, California. Relocation assistance is available.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.