Sr. DevOps Engineer - Solr
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Does an exciting, dynamic, fast paced and pressure-filled environment catch your attention? Do you like puzzles and determining solutions that are not obvious? Terrific! Consider joining us. The Apple News team is looking for a hardworking Sr. DevOps Engineer with a background in enterprise search service solutions and cloud services. You will enjoy using modern technologies to automate solutions and optimize outcomes focusing on stability and reliability in a fast-changing world of software delivery in an IaaS context. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Experience in deployment and production support of Apache/Lucidworks Solr, ZooKeeper, and Solr Cloud. Experience as a Solr SRE is a strong plus.
- Experience in an on-call role, debugging and supporting IaaS based production services running in the cloud (Solr, AWS EKS, Kubernetes is a strong plus)
- Experience in deployment / orchestration management solutions (CloudFormation, Terraform, Spinnaker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience implementing and administering logging, telemetry and monitoring tools (Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus, etc) is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing deployment automation. Proficient in Python, Groovy or Java
- Experience with Docker containerization and Docker based deployments is a plus
- Experience in build tools (Jenkins, Gradle, Maven)
- Have a good grasp of Linux systems, networking and security
We are seeking a high-energy Sr. DevOps Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Responsibilities: - Take a leadership role owning the production installation of our customer facing cloud-based search platform - Deploy, support, tune, and implement standard methodologies in an enterprise search platform serving high load services - Participate in architecture design, capacity planning, disaster recovery and monitoring of the search platform - Automate deployment and orchestration of services into the cloud environment - Interact with and support a variety of different teams (Engineering, Quality, management, SRE, etc.)
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of meaningful work experience is required.