Clock Concept Architect, Cellular RF Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing mmW and cellular wireless design team? Our team is responsible for mmWave and cellular RF Systems Engineering with a particular emphasis on all control and interface aspects of RF Transceiver designs that transform the user experience at the product level. As a Clock Concept Architect, you will be at the center of the wireless systems engineering. Come join us and enable the heartbeat of the analog and digital functionality of RF mmW/Cellular transceivers!
- We value your 7+ years of relevant experience in digital/analog/mixed signal chip design, including direct expertise in clock concepts and their underlying architectures.
- In-depth knowledge of chip external and internal clock structures, including generation and distribution of clock networks throughout the complete system.
- Expertise with clock modelling techniques to assess critical aspects at an early project stage. Your expertise will help to balance techniques like clock gating and frequency voltage scaling to get optimal trade off in flexibility and power consumption.
- Creative in defining new and adapting existing clock management concepts for Hardware and Firmware that will enable the deployment of developed concepts.
- Basic knowledge of cellular radio standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5GNR) to derive the relevant use cases and the proper set of requirements for the clock.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment.
- Strong technical writing skills.
• Work closely with RF Systems Engineers and RF design teams to assess, scope, and ultimately drive the clock net of the related chip sets to meet the challenges of next generation wireless products. • Work with implementation specialists to allow for best integration of design for testability features as well as supporting high quality coverage of verification requirements. • Coordinate stakeholders inside a wider RF community to best combine knowledge for optimal clock structures, codesigning with reset and power concept. • Seek a scalable solution that allows for fast adaptions on ever changing product environment. • Occasional travel including international may be required.
Education & Experience
BS or MSEE required; Ph.D. preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.