Engineering Program Manager, HomeKIt
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. The iOS Home team builds the foundation that enables an ecosystem of secure and intelligent home connectivity. We are developing technologies and crafting experiences that revolutionize the way people harmonize with the HomeKit enabled accessories around them. The Apple Home Product / Partner Engineering team is looking for a people with a passion and track record for shipping sophisticated technology. This is a hands-on Engineering Program Manager position working with the most creative people in the world. The EPM will lead teams in the entire product development lifecycle from concept to delivery. You should demonstrate integrity, energy and feel comfortable in a start-up environment. As an experienced change leader navigating uncharted technology advancements you will need to build strong collaborative relationships and calmly lead any associated conflicts along the way. You will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery with laser focus on execution with a keen eye for important details
- Ability to understand new technologies and dive into details.
- Self-starting and independent, working with limited supervision
- Project management experience
- Extraordinary verbal /written communication skills, ability to distill information for the right audience.
- Proactive, collaborative, curious, pro-active with proven critical thinking capability.
- Phenomenal attention to detail.
The ideal Engineering Program Manager for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic high growth and creative environment with an amazing high caliber, high profile team pioneering in a constantly evolving domain. As the Software EPM, you will drive all aspects of large, multi-functional programs and features for HomeKit Coordinate all aspects for teams multiple programs including scoping, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation. Proactively look ahead and keep the path clear for the teams. Collaborate with teams, engineering leads and partners to drive product, functional, and reporting requirements. Drive overall cross-functional program schedules and SW development efforts across groups which could include Human Interface Design Teams, Product Marketing and other organizations both within and outside of Apple. Communicate and present project/program plans and status to teams and executives. Continuously look for opportunities and improve how programs are run and executed.
Education & Experience
BS/ MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related degree. MS is desirable.
- Hands on technical role in Engineering Program Management
- Experience working with industry standards groups
- Able to contribute on the other strategic areas including engaging with internal/external partners, coordinating due diligence, etc