Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We have an exciting opportunity for an onsite electrical supervisor to support our maintenance and operations team. Our primary responsibility as a team is to utilize our respective technical acumen to ensure the campus is operating at the highest levels while maintaining critical environments without compromising efficiency. Close coordination with all Real Estate & Development groups is expected, including but not limited to the Facility Service Center (FSC), Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), Maintenance & Operations (MAOPS), Project Management, Energy Efficiency partners and contracted technical support. We’re looking for an experienced lead to fluidly direct, motivate, manage, supervise and work along side a team of electrical technicians. Candidates must possess a collaborative work style, excellent customer service & display exemplary communication skills. Additionally, successful candidates will display a keen acumen for manipulating critical electrical infrastructure, developing Method’s of Procedure (MOP's), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) & Emergency Operation Plans (EOP’s).
- Experience with industrial electrical systems and troubleshooting, installation, testing and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand, power, and precision measuring tools
- Experience maintaining & operating critical infrastructure inclusive of UPS’s, PDU’s, generators, fuel storage, switchgear, transfer switches, static switches and leak detection systems
- A keen understanding of the engineering design and operational aspects of Data Center critical infrastructure systems and equipment in order to recognize system issues and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Familiarity with HVAC and electrical controls installation, field devices and control panel layout
- Competency in navigating and operating lighting control systems including Lutron, Enlighted, nLight and Wattstopper
- A keen ability to troubleshoot malfunctioning electrical systems and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a failure and take corrective measures
- Proficient in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures using testing devices such as VOM, amperage, power quality meters and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of installed electrical systems
- Awareness of applicable regulatory codes per County, State and Federal electrical codes
- Ability to lead and prioritize multiple requests with a constant focus on deadlines
- Excellent organizational, documentation and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - the ability to distill a relatively complex idea into an easily understood explanation
- Familiarity with the use of all applicable Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE)
You will serve as a first-line supervisor directing and coordinating a variety of installation, repair, and maintenance tasks performed by electrical technicians. Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees, interacting with MaOps, Engineering, and our customers. Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques. Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is up to date. Responsible for team performance review documentation & compensation conversations. Inspects and evaluates electrical equipment to ensure that it operates efficiently and safely; determines whether equipment and new installations meet requirements of the National Electrical Code. Demonstrating a positive and approachable attitude is very important while displaying strong analytical skills along with the ability to internalize complex issues and data with ease and efficiency to problem solve. The ability to operate with an entrepreneurial spirit by taking initiative and always challenging themselves and the team to improve the customer experience we provide as a group. Actively practicing collaboration and innovative thinking while being focused on results. Ability to multi-task and deal with ambiguity in a results oriented environment.
Education & Experience
Four (4) years of progressively responsible journey level electrical experience; OR, Completion of a four-year federally approved technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance and two (2) years electrical experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- User experience with Apple products a plus
- Self-starting customer service oriented individual focused on results