Biocompatibility Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, our ambition is to make products without taking from the Earth. Getting there requires focus and innovation in three key areas: climate change, resources and smarter chemistry. We believe that our products should be safe for anyone who assembles, uses, or recycles them. As a Biocompatibility Program Manager in our Environmental Technologies team, you will drive Smarter Chemistry through product design and engineering as we partner with internal stakeholders (engineering, operations, EHS, etc.) and suppliers to drive material selection and execution of compliance and key environmental initiatives on biocompatibility and eco-design. You will excel in a fast-paced environment and thrive on a passion for the convergence of innovative product design, smarter chemistry and human and environmental health.
- Experience managing, prioritizing and maintaining aspects of large projects/multiple projects
- 3+ years of project management experience in a corporate setting
- Knowledge of analytical testing (spectroscopic, chromatographic, and wet chemistry) and toxicology methods
- Familiar with international environmental or safety regulations on restricted chemicals in the electronics, wearable, or other related industries
- Knowledge and experience in the human and environmental health impacts of chemicals and green chemistry
- Working experience with suppliers for facilitating material documentation and sample requests
- Strong communications and influencing skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, schedule-driven environment, with ability to distill large datasets into conclusions under time constraints
- Responsible for program management for environmental initiatives relating to material qualification for Apple products from concept through shipment - Collaborate across the Apple organization to ensure business and environmental objectives are met. Rapidly synthesize and effectively communicate findings to senior leaders, actively identify potential environmental issues that can affect product design and contribute to solutions. - Partner internally and with suppliers to track the use of materials, identify substances that should be removed due to their hazardous properties, investigate safer alternatives, and drive execution of phase out programs. Ensure supplier compliance assurance systems are in place. - Drive coordination, execution, and internal tracking of biocompatibility assessments and material qualifications, toxicology reviews, analytical testing, restricted substances compliance, and guiding product design teams on eco-design. - The candidate will also create process documentation and SOPs, drive team meetings, create and develop excellent cross functional partnerships - Fearless organizer who can prioritize issues and track details of complex deliverables in a fast paced environment.
Education & Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in Materials Science, Toxicology, Biomedical Science, Engineering, Chemistry, or related field.