AppleCare Data Scientist
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. As an AppleCare Data Scientist you will have the potential for a high level of executive exposure and the opportunity to lead and facilitate critical service initiatives at Apple. You would be part of a tightly knit and influential team chartered with crafting and measuring business critical KPI for Apple's service process and crafting the consensus and momentum vital to drive process improvements where needed. This is a key function within Apple, responsible for providing critical direction to the vast AppleCare service network.
- Advanced data modeling experience, SQL skills, and ETL design.
- Sophisticated experience with Teradata/Snowflake.
- Experience with advanced data analytics, data transformation, and data management strategies.
- Collaborating closely with IT and project managers on implementing infrastructure projects and large scale analytic solutions.
- Experience with commercial and emerging reporting tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, D3).
- Experience in Web-scale databases, Hadoop or NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with R, Python or similar scripting languages / tools.
- Good knowledge of predictive analytics, statistics, and modeling techniques to develop and improve sophistication of Business Insight solutions.
- In-depth experience analyzing data and creating reports, working with data to identify trends, and make recommendations.
To perform this job, you must possess strong analytical skills and be able to efficiently communicate your insight to the highest levels of the company. Strong public speaking/presentation skills, and command presence is a must. RESPONSIBILITIES: Working closely with IS&T and BPR on implementing infrastructure projects to scale the speed and quality of service offered by AppleCare. Analyzing and evaluating the performance of key business metrics, e.g. return rate, repair turn-around-time. Whipping up quick, accurate analyses to answer urgent questions from top management. Thinking deeply about ways to improve the accuracy of our measurement systems, forecasts, ensuring data integrity, and scaling the team's analytical capabilities. Building consensus across AppleCare service teams, e.g., Engineering/Carrier Management/Supply Chain/Order Management and securing buy-in on adopting new strategies to improving service processes at Apple.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in a related field