Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we’re building test systems and tooling that can self-identify requirements and scale across a vast feature set at continuous integration speed. We are looking for a seasoned technical contributor to drive and deliver scalable test automation solutions. You’ll be joining a highly skilled team of engineers that collaborate internally and cross organizationally, bridging disciplines needed to construct innovative solutions.
- Proficient in Java and/or C++
- Proficient in Python and/or Ruby
- Proficient in resolving complex failures using advanced debugging techniques
- Experience designing customer facing software using OOP
- Experience with virtualization technologies and CI/CD
- Experience with iOS development
- Strong understanding of unit, integration and regression test methodologies
- Comfortable with Unix commands, experience writing shell scripts
- Proven ability to gather and handle -complex requirements and also to draft technical specifications
- Experience bringing a software project from technical spec to production
- Exceptional interpersonal/communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
The Applications Test Engineering team is seeking a strong technical contributor with excellent leadership and organizational skills, who will collaboratively deliver scalable test automation solutions for applications used by hundreds of millions of people world wide. We're looking well beyond conventional manual testing or developing testability hooks into software under test; the successful solution will automatically analyze software and generate tests, continuously execute test cases and identify and report key metrics.
Education & Experience
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent • 4+ years of applicable experience
- • Experience with Swift is a plus
- • Experience with data analytics is a plus
- • Experience with load testing is a plus
- • Experience using automation tools like XCTest is a plus
- • DevOps background or skillset is a plus