Site Reliability Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Your responsibilities will ultimately center around architecting microservices with a special emphasis on security, massive scaling and resilient services. What other qualities will make you successful? We are looking for a driven and dedicated Site Reliability Manager possessing hands-on experience with: Lead an agile team of Site Reliability Engineers Engage various software development teams to collaborate and build services from the ground up Expertise in Networking with emphasis on security Experience building systems both on-premise (data center) and on public cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure welcome) Expert on docker both in Deep understanding on LXC/LXD/LXCFS Working knowledge of deploying microservices (Django, Go, JVMs’) Have worked with schedulers such as Kubernetes, AWS ECS or EKS, to name a few. Ability to write code in one of many high level languages (Python preferred) Vast experience using Linux with knowledge of kernel/system tuning Last but not least, you are battle-tested and have a few interesting production tales
- 3+ years in managing Site Reliability Engineering teams and supporting mission critical applications
- Experience in managing large fleet of *nix systems
- 3+ years of Hybrid Cloud (data center, AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 5+ years with configuration management tools such as Ansible or Terraform
- Progamming experience in Python.
- Leading Relational and NoSQL Databases.
- Experience in building fully automated CI-CD pipelines.
- You should also be self-directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment.
The Video Computer Vision org is a centralized applied research and engineering organization responsible for developing real-time on-device Computer Vision and Machine Perception technologies across Apple products. We balance research and product to deliver Apple quality, state-of-the-art experiences, innovating through the full stack, and partnering with HW, SW and ML teams to influence the sensor and silicon roadmap that brings our vision to life. Examples include FaceID, Animoji/Memoji, Scene Understanding, People Understanding and Positional Tracking (VIO/SLAM).
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience)