iPhone Acoustic Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience so Apple has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity, and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with obsessive attention to detail, directly contributing to products that ship to millions of people around the world. The iPhone acoustics integration team has comprehensive overall acoustics ownership of the full system acoustics performance all the way from concept phase to mass production that requires continuous multi-functional collaboration with wide variety of teams ranging from transducer design and audio tunings to system hardware, software, mechanics, quality and reliability. The iPhone Integration team is looking for someone who enjoys collaboration with high initiative and wants to make a phenomenal engineering contribution to enable industry-leading electronic devices.
- Are you experienced in acoustics in an engineering role producing high-volume consumer electronics? We highly value one or more of the following audio experience: audio electronics, audio transducer design, experience with methods for perceptual and subjective audio quality evaluation, audio electronics, acoustic test measurement and data interpretation/analysis. We welcome your experience working with off-shore manufacturers.
- Ideally you will have a strong background (five+ years) in an acoustics engineering role within the audio consumer electronic industry.
- Proficient in audio signal processing
- Deep understanding in acoustic and structural resonance and vibration
- Proven success in the areas of design, manufacturing, and failure analysis of audio systems
- You may have a real passion for playing a musical instrument
- Experience with mass production and or shipping a consumer product
- Are you known as an accomplished communicator?
- Experienced with integration of speakers & microphones
Do you have an inventive design approach and have you owned audio system architecture from concept to mass production? Do you like solving speaker and microphone acoustic integration challenges while collaborating with multi-functional teams? Are you proficient at communicating technical audio and acoustic concepts to project teams and management? Can you travel Internationally to support engineering activities (required, approximately 20%)
Education & Experience
BS/MS or equivalent, preferably specializing in acoustics.