Camera Incubation Prototyping Engineer (Visual Experience Processing)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Apple is looking for a world class researcher to join a multi-disciplinary team to create ideas and concepts for future Apple camera products and customer experiences. Our Camera Incubation Team is responsible for looking down the road and explore and prototype novel camera experiences, architectures and technologies. We collaborate with design and product teams to bring new features across the Apple product line. We would love you to join our team to tackle these challenges! This team is seeking a computational imaging and rendering expert with hands-on prototyping skills to take ownership of investigations with cross-functional teams. As a member of the Camera Incubation team you will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires excellent collaborative skills as well passion and dedication to demonstrate your ideas with concept prototypes. The ideal candidate will have expertise in state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms, AR/VR/MR rendering, high-performance visualization and rendering techniques, knowledge of imaging systems, and the hands-on skills needed to build working prototypes. We are looking for an individual with a curious mind and critical thinking, able to adjust to changes in project directions based on insights obtained from experimental and simulated data. The candidate should be able to clearly articulate what motivates a particular approach, and its pros and cons as well as risks.
- 5-10 years of experience) in the following:
- 1. Strong expertise in state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms and geometry, especially 3D reconstruction and multi-view geometry
- 2. Expertise in immersive rendering, physics-based rendering, differential rendering
- 3. Familiar with state-of-the-art CG rendering tools
- Experience with high performance graphics and rendering in Metal/OpenGL/GLSL
- Experience with GPGPU programming (experience with Metal/OpenCL/CUDA)
- Familiarity with threading, synchronization, and concurrency concepts
- Familiarity with image processing pipelines
- Familiarity with computational photography concepts and algorithms
- Experience in prototyping new technologies and systems
- Expertise in C, C++, Objective-C, Python and Matlab
- This role requires the ability to learn quickly and become familiar with several different technology areas
We brainstorm, design, and prototype novel experiences around use of cameras and come up with innovative technical solutions if required. You will participate in generating innovative ideas and concepts which you will then implement in software or hardware prototypes. You will communicate cross-functionally with camera hardware and software teams to assess usability as well as technology advantages and risks.
Education & Experience
M.S or Ph.D. in Computer Vision, Signal Processing, Optical Engineering or equivalent, with 5 years experience in related field.