ISE, Proactive - Software Developer Eng., in Test (SDET)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a part in shipping groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, and artificial intelligence? You will be interacting with various multi-functional engineering and project management teams to help identify issues, test and drive the quality of Proactive Intelligence features. You will work with the people who craft the intelligent system experience across all Apple platforms. Join the Proactive Intelligence team at Apple!
- Experience as a Software Engineer in Test or Software Quality Engineer
- Proficient in one more object-oriented programming languages - Swift/Obj-C/Java/ C++
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages: Python/Ruby
- Prior experience in testing iOS/macOS apps is a huge plus
- Previous white box testing experience including design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of test automation using XCTest/Swift/Objective-C is a huge plus
- Familiar with DevOps practices (CI, CD, containerization & orchestration, config management, etc)
- Proven problem solving and debugging skills: analyze and investigate test failures, errors, and build issues, able to accurately drive issues to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
We are looking for a strong and experienced SDET. In this role, you will design and develop test plans and test cases for Proactive Intelligence features across all Apple platforms. You will build UI and non-UI automated tests using XCTest/Python and internal frameworks. You will execute test cases on a regular cadence, debug test failures, and report defects. You will analyze daily automation reports and triage failures to isolate product vs. test issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience or knowledge of machine learning is an excellent plus