Machine Learning Deployment Engineer- iPhone Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the exciting iPhone brand at Apple. The iPhone Operations Data Team is looking for an extraordinary Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. You will craft, design and implement our machine learning strategy to the massive iPhone supply chain and help build the future of our manufacturing systems. You will be building, deploying and scaling algorithms from laptops in Cupertino serving thousands of inferences daily in industrial manufacturing settings. Key Responsibilities: • Deploy scalable Machine Learning and Computer Vision algorithms on local and cloud-based inferencing platforms. • Convert Python based ML scripts to production quality level applications. • Test applications for stability and scale them to serve thousands of inferences daily. • Work with resources in the factory to integrate ML applications with existing factory software and systems. • Be approachable, a team player and ready to assist SRE & DevOps to build pipelines that need minimal operational maintenance. • If needed, be ready to independently learn new technologies. • Be able to prioritize tasks and take ownership. • Ability to meaningfully present results of analyses in a clear and impactful manner.
- Knowledge of validated approaches for scale-ability, productionalizing models and implementing machine learning applied to expansive and diverse datasets (storage GPUs, techniques for deep learning at scale)
- Deployment of Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms on cloud based services (AWS, Digital Ocean, etc)
- Expertise in configuration management systems CI/CD (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Version control (Git, Jenkins), Unix Shell scripting
- Data modeling and storage with NoSQL and relational databases
- Experience in Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Cassandra, Kafka and NoSQL databases.
- Nice to Have:
- Experience with Image Analysis/Computer Vision is a plus
- Experience with Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa, Cocoa Touch, and/or CoreML
- Networking concepts and protocols, e.g.: TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.
- Familiarity with manufacturing, or an industrial domain
- Knowledge or familiarity of ML algorithms (deep learning, classification, clustering, Torch, Caffe, MXNet, TensorFlow)
- Python libraries such as scikit-learn, scipy, Spacy, and NLTK
As a key member of our team, collaborate with different engineering and operations teams leading deployment of ML solutions for a variety of tasks and projects, delivering projects from end-to-end. You will help the ML Engineers deliver applications with minimal delays at precisely the right resource footprint with elasticity, while ensuring absolutely tight and robust security, privacy and confidentiality. You are equally comfortable enabling data pipelines to transport data (in and) out of our factories through custom-built platforms. You will provide guidance on architecting custom solutions for data annotation, build infrastructure applications, interact with Big Data and produce applications that are quality tested, highly available, and run at Apple-scale with no downtime. If you are passionate to influence the quality, speed and efficiency of our ML algorithms, come and help enable our vision to create the most refined products in the world.
Education & Experience
• BS in Computer Science, EE, or related fields with 3+ years experience applying machine learning techniques to real business problems. • Master's of Computer Science, Machine Learning, or higher level degree PhD preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.