Technical Program Manager - Camera Components
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Here at Apple we don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join the Product Technical Operations at Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. You will take the lead in driving technical, operational and quality issues related to camera components (substrates, VCM) from the earliest stages of NPI, engineering builds, ramp up and sustaining product lifecycles. You will work with camera module design and process teams to quickly resolve technical and operational issues and interface between sub-component vendors and downstream module integrators. The scope covers all camera components (focus on VCM) used in all cameras and all systems.
- 8+ years of experience in Manufacturing: Product Engineering, Process Engineering, Automation Engineering, or Program Management
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and issue root causing in a pressured environment
- Ability to run full product line from start to finish, NPI to MP
- Interpersonal skills of leadership, project management, communication, collaboration, influencing and negotiation.
- Solid understanding of automation design, process design, and large scale manufacturing
- Associated camera module components is preferred, but a deep semiconductor background is highly recommended
- In-depth understanding of wafer test, yield, wafer fab processes, wafer packaging, back-end issues.
- Familiarity with quality systems and control
- Ability to present to Executive teams in a fast paced environment
- Constant partnership with multiple functional teams across Apple and its suppliers
- Flexibility: Evening and weekends work will be required. The job also requires international travel up to 30%.
- Create a vision for product quality and operational improvements year over year. Set bold improvement targets and drive plans to achieve. - Be involved at product concept to ensure products are manufacturable and conduct design for manufacturability reviews. Build in constant design improvement, factory efficiency and product cost. - Approve vendor process, process flow and automation equipment design - Lead new process introduction and special projects, such as new testers. - Analyze machine and process design for high precision manufacturing assembly - Innovate factory processes, concepts, and design to enable an ideal manufacturing process - Collaborate with quality teams to review and approve manufacturing Quality Control Plans (tests, methods, sample sizes, pass/fail criteria). Ensure cosmetic standards are aligned with module integrator. - Audit and approve manufacturers for mass production (MP) readiness. - Ensure vendors are conforming to Apple ERS specs and requirements. - Participate in release reviews and verify that all aspects are ready to ramp. - Lead resolution of component related design or process issues in component fab, back-end processing, transit and module integrator. - Supervise and report yield, manufacturing metrics (CpK, FMEA etc.). Drive improvement programs as appropriate. - Drive FACA for component related returns from integrators, field returns, and EFFA issues. Track, report and close out issues in a timely manner. - Ensure 8D reports and PCNs are maintained correctly - Routine status reporting to executives and escalation of issues as needed. - Collaborate with Hardware engineering teams on optimizing component designs and processes - Work with internal and external quality and reliability engineering teams
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or allied technical subject. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.