Cellular Protocol RAN Simulation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems organization and be part of a best-in-class team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Excellent knowledge on one or multiple cellular technologies: GSM/UMTS, HSPA, HSPA+, TD-SCDMA, LTE, NR etc.
- Working knowledge of RAN/CN network emulators (Keysight, R&S, Anritsu, Anite etc).
- Excellent software developing and debugging skills including design, programming (C, C++, script) and debugging
- Strong experience in shell scripting Python, Java, Groovy, Bash.
- Strong experience in cellular protocol stack host test or simulation environment development is key.
- Experience in test case scripting and regression test suites debugging conforming to relevant ETSI/3GPP protocol technical specifications is a big plus
- Experience of TTCN-3, development and debugging/integration of TTCN-3 test cases is a big plus
- Standard Software development & tool environments is a plus
- Highly motivated and self-directed, fast learner, a good team player
- Fluent in English, good verbal and written communication skills
This role requires critical expertise in multiple layers in cellular protocols, experience with UE and/or NW protocols development for various 3GPP technologies is essential. The candidate must demonstrate solid understanding of relevant protocol procedures and network interactions. The duties of this position will include design, develop, and maintain cellular protocol device side host test and network simulation environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.