Test Automation Engineer, UI
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about shipping products and want to impact millions of users? Come be part of an enthusiastic, dynamic, highly talented engineering team, working on System UI! The team is looking for a hardworking test automation engineer who is technically savvy, proactive, detail oriented, and can balance various tasks efficiently. You will be a member of the software quality engineering team working side by side with the rest of our System UI team on Apple's core platforms such as macOS, iOS, iPadOS, tvOS and watchOS.
- Objective-C, Swift or C/C++ programming skills
- Experience building libraries, frameworks
- Familiar with general Software Quality Assurance methodologies
- Strong understanding of Test Automation and test Test Automation fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Creative thinker, detail oriented and strong problem solver
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A genuine passion for consumer devices
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong development experience and a strong foundation of QA experience which will span all phases of development. In early development phases, you will be asked to develop libraries and frameworks in collaboration with development engineering to develop tests that cover new features on all our products. As development progresses, you will work closely with other developers to build and help maintain frameworks and libraries that are used throughout Apple, as well as our team’s test suites and infrastructure. Along the way, you will build knowledge of our products and continue to develop libraries and tests for our system components to ship the highest quality releases to our users. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: - Development of core frameworks and libraries. - Test engineering and development for our continuous integration tests such as unit, performance and functional/UI. - Application development for core internal applications and internal technologies. - Continued understanding of Apple's operating systems such as iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS. - Debugging and triaging complex problems and finding solutions - Experience using development tools such as Xcode. - Champion test engineering across our team and Software Engineering to help guide strong software testability. - Feature and Regression testing of core system components. - Results triaging and data analysis to give an overall picture of component quality.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or Equivalent
- Development experience on iOS, macOS, watchOS, and/or tvOS
- Familiar with Xcode and its testing technologies such as XCTest
- Proven hands-on experience with forms of testing such as black-box, grey-box, and white-box testing.