Image Sensor Analog Design Engineer - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware and software for Apple products. The Camera Sensor team develops image sensor and other silicon solutions and technologies for Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and more. The team is looking for an Image Sensor Analog Design Engineer to help design, develop, and launch next generation Image Sensors and related technologies.
- Background in analog, mixed signal, and signal processing fundamentals
- Hands-on experience designing image sensor analog front end design including ADC, Bandgap circuit, Charge pumps, DAC, bias circuits etc.
- Strong fundamentals of analog circuit design including for noise, gain-BW, stability and PSRR
- In-depth understanding to architect for given sensor specs
- Good understanding of sensor’s sensitivity to system non-idealities for noise and EMI
- Experience with image sensor pixel technologies for visible and IR wavelengths is a bonus
- Experience with characterization and validation of images sensors is a strong plus
- Be familiar with image sensor manufacturing technology, image sensor performance metrics, image sensor usage and integration into camera systems. Must also have knowledge of the general industry trends and technical challenges.
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE, CE and Physics principles
- Proficiency in MATLAB, scripting, Cadence or similar simulation and modeling tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You will have solid collaboration and leadership skills.
Design and architecture development of image sensors and related silicon/system designs Evaluate and propose alternate Image sensor technologies and read out schemes. Evaluate power/ performance trade-offs of each, and complexities of implementation. Negotiate design targets and specifications with vendors, drive vendor selection, design execution, silicon validation and productization. Willing and able to travel to supplier facilities for design reviews, silicon bring up and production issues as needed Collaborate cross functionally for system validation and debug for product introduction Collaborate across multiple teams to develop next generation camera products, features and related design optimizations
Education & Experience
Master's/PhD in Electrical Engineering, CS/CE or industry experience equivalent