Connector/Component Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic electrical engineer for the Hardware Systems interconnects Team. This position entails owning system interconnect decisions and implementations with expertise in High voltage, Low Voltage and High Speed electrical interconnects. The ideal candidate is someone with significant interconnect experience who is willing to work with cross-functional teams in defining interface requirements. Candidate will work with various electrical and mechanical engineers to identify solutions and keep other teams moving is crucial to success in this role. Developing strong credibility and rapport with other engineering and non-technical teams is also a must. Responsibility includes understanding the requirements (EE/ME/EMI/EMC etc) and select connector solution whether of-the-shelf or design in-house custom design. Candidate should have experience in defining and designing LV, HV and high speed harnessing - creating block diagram, wiring diagram and assembly drawings. Experience in harness manufacturing is a plus. Candidate will also characterize and make appropriate adjustments for interconnect performance under electrical, environmental & mechanical stresses. If you're passionate and want to join a group that works on very early stage R&D, have the opportunity to shape them, and relish the opportunity to deliver the next amazing Apple technology, we may be the team for you!
- Proficient in connector and cable selection and implementation strategies. Knowledge of various interconnect protocols.
- Experience in connector design.
- Knowledge of SI, EMC, HV fundamentals and ability to understand and analyze data from data sheets and measurements.
- Define High speed, LV and HV wiring strategy
- Create harness block diagrams, wiring diagrams and assembly diagrams
- Harness design for modules, test platform and buck needs
- Work with harness vendor to resolve manufacturing crisis
- Work with x-functional teams (SI, EMC, Power) to define harness strategy
- Experience in setting up electrical and mechanical tests to understand the performance of interconnects.
- Proficient with EE lab instruments and willingness to work in the lab for extended time.
- Perform various reliability inspections on connectors and cables to compare the performance against internal and industry spec.
- Capable of performing failure analysis to identify and rectify issues/ failures.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast paced environment involving multiple x-functional teams and vendors.
- International travel may be required.
Candidate should have strong theoretical knowledge and hands-on capability in the area of connectors and harnesses. Responsible for design, assembly and testing of interconnects for current and future Apple products. Propose system interconnect (harness) strategies for various signals (HV, LV, High Speed etc.) based on internal requirements. Build test set ups and test High speed SI, LV, HV, Environmental and Mechanical properties for interconnects. Analyze test results and propose mitigation strategy.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Sciences with 3-5 years of experience. PREFERRED Master of Science in Electrical Engineering. Test and report automation knowledge is preferred. Experience in various wiring techniques (twisted pair, twin-ax, coax, shielded, etc.) Scripting experience (Python, Matlab) is a plus. Simulation software knowledge (HFSS, Labview etc.) is an added benefit.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their loved ones in important ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace