Interconnect Verficiation Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic electrical engineer for the Hardware Systems interconnects Team. This position entails owning system interconnect decisions and implementations with expertise in High voltage, Low Voltage and High Speed electrical interconnects. The ideal candidate is someone with significant interconnect experience who’s eager for more emphasis on cross-functional teams. Candidate will work with various electrical and mechanical engineers to identify solutions and keep other teams moving is crucial to success in this role. Developing strong credibility and rapport with other engineering and non-technical teams is also a must. Responsibility includes understanding the requirements (EE/ME/EMI/EMC etc) and select connector solution whether of-the-shelf or design in-house custom design. Candidate will also characterize and make appropriate adjustments for interconnect performance under electrical, environmental & mechanical stresses. If you're passionate and want to be part of a group that works on very early stage R&D, have the opportunity to shape them, and relish the opportunity to deliver the next amazing Apple technology, we may be the team for you!
- Candidate should have strong theoretical knowledge and hands-on capability in the area of connectors and harnesses.
- Responsible for design assembly and testing of interconnects for current Apple products.
- Propose system interconnect strategies and select connectors for various signals (HV, LV, High Speed etc.) based on internal requirements.
- Build test set ups and test High speed SI, LV, HV, Environmental and Mechanical properties for interconnects. Analyze test results and propose mitigation strategy.
- Perform interconnect CSWAP analysis (Cost Size Weight and Power) to aid in selection/ integration.
• Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Sciences with 3-5 years of experience. • Proficient in connector and cable selection and implementation strategies. • Knowledge of various interconnect standards and protocols. • Experience in connector design. • Knowledge of SI, EMC, HV fundamentals and ability to understand and analyze data from datasheets and measurements. • Experience in setting up electrical and mechanical tests to understand the performance of interconnects. • Proficient with EE lab instruments and willingness to work in the lab for extended time. • Perform various reliability inspections on connectors and cables to compare the performance against internal and industry spec. • Capable of performing failure analysis to identify and rectify issues/ failures. • Comfortable working independently in a fast paced environment involving multiple x-functional teams and vendors. • International travel may be required.
Education & Experience
- • Master of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- • Test and report automation knowledge is preferred.
- • Experience in various wiring techniques (twisted pair, twin-ax, coax, shielded, etc.)
- • Scripting experience (Python, Matlab) is a plus.
- • Simulation software knowledge (HFSS, Labview etc.) is an added benefit.