Software Engineer: Linux OS Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) position requires a mix of strategic engineering and design along with hands-on, technical work. An ideal candidate will have experience in being a Systems Administrator that has moved on to DevOps/Automation in their career, and have coding skills to automate tasks and build tools to help with our service operations. The SRE will configure, tune, and fix multi-tiered systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability. The SRE will work closely with the software engineers, infrastructure and network engineers to deploy and maintain our services.
- Experience in Linux software build and packaging systems, preferably RPMs.
- Experience in dependency management.
- Good understanding of Operating System internals.
- Proficient in Golang, Ruby, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge in or willingness to learn:
- Configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Continuous Build, Integration, Test, Deployment, Delivery, and DevOps culture.
- Understanding of build and deployment process for services.
This role requires an understanding of packaging systems, Red Hat Linux derivatives, build systems, containers, systems administration, and infrastructure automation. This role will allow working on the platform's compiler toolchains, internal packages, and third-party tools. You'll get insight into the software development lifecycle for production services and also plenty of freedom and responsibility to complete your goals. In this role, you will be part of a team that is: Responsible for building RPM packages Designing and implementing systems, tools, infrastructure, and processes to provide fast and relevant feedback to developers. Communicating with a wide variety of teams to gather requirements and build collaboration. Eliminating roadblocks and improve flow from development to production.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here...
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.