Senior Finance Manager, WW Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to our customers and if you bring it to your job....there's no telling what we will accomplish. At Apple, share in a commitment to excellence by joining the Apple Finance organization and making a positive impact as part of one of the most influential technology companies in the industry. You will support Apple’s growth by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. We are seeking to fill a position to support our dynamic and fast-paced environment. Do you possess a high level of integrity, personal accountability, exhibit solid partnership, excellence, and can-do thinking? Our Marcom Senior Finance Manager has the opportunity to work with some of the most brilliant marketing people on the planet. The role will be responsible for all financial aspects of global marketing communications’ operating expense and capital spend. You will work closely with the Marketing Communications team and other teams at Apple to analyze marketing spend and new initiatives as well as drive the design and implementation of systems and processes. This position involves significant interaction with various individuals in the Company’s functional and geographic organizations around the world and will interface regularly with key members of Marcom’s senior management. The successful candidate embraces change, offers new perspectives, has no issues working with ambiguity, and constantly looks for new and improved ways to achieve great results. The candidate must have the ability to learn quickly, analyze financial data effectively and thoroughly, communicate effectively to senior management and respond to changing business needs. Additionally, this management position requires an effective leader with a proven track record of managing and developing a robust team.
- BS or BA required plus 10+ years of experience or an MBA degree plus 5 years experience.
- Proven experience with building, developing and leading teams (minimum 5 years)
- Highly motivated, hands on business minded professional, with a high level of discernment, natural curiosity who seeks to identify ways to challenge and transform business processes
- Experience managing global budgets working with different FX currency rates
- Detailed and results oriented, able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong managerial and analytical/problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task while performing a variety of complex tasks
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments and motivate change
- Strong ability to influence people without direct authority
- Strong critical thinking skills and a team player
- Advanced Excel skills and strong financial systems skills including Essbase, SAP, FileMaker or other database tools
This manager will work closely with the business and the Marcom Finance team to complete annual business planning, monthly financial forecast, and quarterly actuals reporting for the global organization in a very dynamic and fast pace environment. The role will interact with Marketing, Procurement, Global Business Solutions, Legal, Tax, Sales and Marketing Finance and external vendors on various initiatives and compliance requirements. They will advise on system and process design to improve tools and scale for growth while maintaining financial integrity. Additional responsibilities include financial analysis to provide timely and accurate financial recommendations for leadership to drive critical decision making, cross functional partnership to support new initiatives, and coordination and consolidation of Corporate deliverables. They will be responsible for ensuring systems and procedures are in place to provide timely and accurate financial information, adhere to Apple policies and procedures and SOX compliance.
Education & Experience
BS or BA required plus 10+ years of experience OR MBA degree plus 5 years experience