Financial Analyst - Retail Real Estate Analytics & Geo Expansion
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. As a Real Estate Analytics and Geo Expansion analyst, you play an integral and diverse role in supporting Apple’s Retail Store strategy. You will engage in heavy cross functional partnership focused on identifying and visualizing trends for Retail’s existing fleet across a variety of metrics and develop tools to outline the financial impact of future store strategies. Additionally, you will develop business cases and support tools for entering new markets, considering the full Apple Inc profitability.
- 5+ years of experience in roles covering financial analytics, project management, communicating succinctly to all levels of leadership, and effectively influencing business partners
- Able to analyze large amounts of data summarizing key takeaways and insights
- Comfort with complex modeling and leveraging visualization tools to communicate insights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to present to multiple stakeholders in a concise impactful way
- Disciplined project management skills and documenting business requirements
- Robust organizational skills and focus on driving towards rigid deadlines
- Highly accurate with close attention to detail
- Experience juggling day to day business needs while driving long range projects
- Strong business partnership, with ability to work with teams across different time zones
Partner with Market Analysis and other business functions across Apple to model the expected financial impact of different Real Estate Strategies and to build a holistic business case of entering new markets with physical and/or online Retail presence. Provide post-mortem insights on significant real estate investments to drive remedial actions and inform future investment decisions. Synthesize and communicate primary takeaways to senior leadership. Develop a robust suite of reports for quick visualization and key takeaways regarding the performance of retail’s fleet across several key performance indicators. Lead finance and project management efforts for day-to-day and ad hoc cross functional Expansion team activities. Establish timelines and drive toward the successful completion of expansion action items, including due diligence analysis, systems requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, and expansion documentation and communication. Educate leadership and the broader retail finance team on country specific nuances and considerations.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in BA, MBA a plus